Tuesday, November 26, 2013

SHINY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had some bad stuff happen last night (not super bad, just emotional bad) and so I couldn't be bothered with writing this post last night.  But now it's early, and it's a new day, so I will push all the negative away.

Before all the crap, this came via my friends in the brown truck:

Shiny! Shiny! Shiny!

The setup was super duper easy.  And even though it's a bit bigger, it is actually smaller than I thought it would be (my wrists are on the smaller size).  Before I use it I want to figure out the whole Garmin website upload thingie, which is hopefully super easy as well.  I did read something in the rather sparse manual that has me a bit concerned - you're not supposed to use it when it's below -4 F.  Is that air temperature or wind chill?  Because I do go out when it's below zero wind chill...

Yesterday's Run

Yesterday was a bit of angry running, around the neighborhood and down the Big Hill.  Normally my angry running has me going a lot faster, but as it was getting dark out (I also had someone in a car yell at me for not wearing enough reflective clothing - super awesome) since I got started a lot later than I had wanted to I kept it a bit of an average pace.  Yesterday I ran approximately 3.6 miles in 30:20, for an average pace of 8:24.  As I am running a race on Thursday, my first opportunity to use the Shiny will be on Saturday, and I am really looking forward to it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment