Friday, November 15, 2013

I hate it when things don't go my way

I have a pretty busy life, and so when I started this journey I decided I would do my runs this winter on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays, barring any unforeseen circumstances.  So I've gone running in the cold, and the rain, and the wind, because if I commit to doing something on a certain day then I will do it no matter what.

This week put a crimp in my style, in that I was stuck working until after 5 PM on Wednesday this week.  I was outside working from 8 AM until almost 4:45 PM on a cold, late autumn day (at least it wasn't like the day before, when the wind chills were still in the single digits).  It gets pretty dark pretty early around these parts and the drivers around here suck big time and I feel very uncomfortable running after dark on the roads.  I guess I could have gone to the Y and run on the dreadmill, but I like to do that as only a VERY last resort.

So, I didn't run Wednesday, and I felt slightly guilty.  I didn't run Thursday, as the BF Barbado and I went to the Cities for a concert (which was totally awesome and SO MUCH FUN), and I felt really guilty and a little bit sick about it.  So today, on a day off from work because of the awesome fun-time concert, I went for a run.  And it was way harder than it should have been.  But now I fell much better.

Now I just hope I can get my run in tomorrow.

Today's Run

Today I ran the neighborhood route, down the Big Hill, for a distance of approximately 3.6 miles in 31:10, for an average pace of 8:38.  I hope I get this money that I have coming from a previous job so I can buy my shiny Garmin and get some more accurate numbers...

No comments:

Post a Comment