Saturday, November 9, 2013

Challenge conquered

On Thursday night my friend Roja and I tried the Core Challenge class again at the Y.  Because we're crazy.  And I think we both wanted to see how much we've improved in the last 2 weeks (I've been lifting weights and she's been doing pilates).  The class was still pretty hard - there were times when I just had to stop doing a certain exercise because I just physically couldn't do it - but we both finished without feeling like we were going to die and, at least for me, I could move normally the next day.  I really like the class.  Unfortunately I won't be able to go this next week (going down to the Cities with BF Barbado), so maybe this will just be an every other week thing for now.  I'm pretty sure if I went every week that in no time I'd be super buff, or at least really strong through my core.

Today's Run

Today I ran the Lakewalk from at the Y again.  This time of year is so hard in that it is really easy to overdress.  Before I left I checked the weather and it was 34 F with a windchill of 25 F, so I decided to wear my lined running pants.  Big mistake.  Thank goodness for moisture-wicking clothes because if I didn't wear them I would have been completely drenched in sweat.  But today's run was awesome - I ran about 6.1 miles in 54:10 for an average pace of 8:49.  That was a whole 2 MINUTES faster than last week.  And this past week I averaged a 8:46 pace, compared to 9:01 for the previous week.  I must be doing something right.  I'm not where I need to be, but at least I can definitely see some improvement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment