Saturday, November 23, 2013

Bits and pieces

Today feels like a list kind of day...
  1. Went to the Y with Roja on Thursday to do the Core Challenge class.  But the teacher was a no call/no show so that didn't happen.  I feel slightly ripped off, but as it is a free class I guess I can't complain too much.  Basically just a waste of time and gas.  I was kinda looking forward to getting my butt kicked a little bit though...
  2. The Cookies and Cream Mini Cupcakes were a hit.  Score another one for me.  I'm thinking those will be a good choice for The Boy's first violin recital in a couple of weeks...
  3. I ordered my Shiny (aka the Garmin Forerunner mentioned in a previous blog post) on Friday, and I got confirmation that it is guaranteed to arrive on Monday!  Thank you Amazon Prime for your speedy delivery services...
  4. I made a Pear Upside Down cake today, just because.  And, man, was it good.
 So much better than the pineapple variety
  
5. I also bought most of the stuff I need for this year's Christmas Cookie Baking Extravaganza. So far the total is around $60, and I haven't gotten any butter yet :-/
 

Today's Run

Holy cold run Batman!  Per the internets, it was about 10 F, with a windchill of -5 F, when I went on my run this morning, but it felt a LOT colder.  My muscles just would not warm up, and I probably could have used a third layer as my skin was bright red from my ribcage to the middle of my thighs when I got back to the Y.  I did find my face mask, which helped a bit with the frozen cheeks, but I still was fighting fogged up glasses.  I don't know if I'm quite ready for the below zero running on a regular basis quite yet...

Today I ran on the Lakewalk from the Y, approximately 6.1 miles in 54:00 for an average pace of 8:47.  Hopefully by this time next week I'll have figured out the shiny and I can be a bit more accurate!  Yay! 

No comments:

Post a Comment