Monday, November 11, 2013

I have a serious case of beard envy

Today was Veteran's Day, a holiday in which we celebrate the sacrifices of the men and women of the armed services by taking a day off from work.  And it was glorious, in that I actually was able to sleep in for once.  I essentially got paid to sleep.

It was also the coldest day in a very long time, with wind chills in the single digits.  I love running in the winter, but my face does not.  I can keep my body comfortable while on a run pretty easily, but I usually end up with a partially frozen face.  I've tried face masks, but since I wear glasses I end up not being able to see from the steam from my breath.  And I refuse to stick my finger in my eyes to wear contacts.  All this could be solved if I could just grow a beard.  I see these men (BF Barbado included) with all this warm and cozy hair on their faces and I get jealous of their genetics.  Some day I hope to find something to keep my cheeks and nose warm on the coldest days, but until then I will turn super rosy and curse not being hairy.

Today's Run

Today I ran the neighborhood route, up the Big Hill, during what would be my normal working hours so I also got paid to run.  But it was COLD, 23 F with a windchill of 9 F, so it wasn't very pleasant.  I ran approximately 3.5 miles in 30:45, for an average pace of 8:36.  I just hope it will be a bit warmer on Wednesday...

No comments:

Post a Comment