Saturday, November 16, 2013

I have the best friends

Last night was my friend Roja and my monthly get-together, AKA Nacho Night.  Roja makes the rice and queso, I usually bring witty conversation or some type of dessert.  Since today is Roja's birthday, I made her a birthday cake for Nacho Night, strawberry with whipped cream frosting.  It was delicious.

I love cake. Not too pretty, but SO GOOD.

Since my birthday is at the end of the month, Roja decided to surprise me with a present last night, since there's a good chance we won't be getting together before then.  And does this girl know me - she got me a digital kitchen scale.  I have seriously wanted one forever - there are so many recipes that call for a certain ingredient by weight, and I just had to wing it with mixed results.  I am so lucky to have her in my life.  For more reasons than she is an awesome gift giver.

Today's Run

I try not to run two days in a row, to give my body a rest, but I didn't really have a choice due to the craziness that was this week.  And it was surprisingly a good run.  My calves are sore right now, but it's not that bad.  Today I ran from the Y down the Lakewalk approximately 6.1 miles in 53:15, for an average pace of 8:40.  Overall I have improved my average pace from 8:46 last week to 8:38 this week.  Not too shabby. And only 28 more miles and I will have run more miles this year than last.  Pretty awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment