Wednesday, November 6, 2013

It's beginning to feel a lot like...

One of the things that I've been procrastinating on lately is making my list of christmas cookies that I'm going to make and share with my friends and family.  This is a pretty big deal.  I will be spending a lot of time and effort on these packages, and I have heard only compliments on my baked goodies.  So, this year I will be making the following:
  • White sugar cutout cookies (decorated by The Boy)
  • Ninja-bread cookies (chocolate gingerbread in the shape of ninjas)
  • Cranberry oatmeal cookies
  • Shortbread cookies
  • Brown sugar cherry white chocolate cookies
  • Peanut butter kiss cookies
  • Holiday ginger cookies
  • Spritz cookies
  • Jello cookies
  • Cream cheese cutout cookies (in the shape of dinosaurs - I need to come up with a good pun yet) - new for this year
  • Fudge
As an idea of what I will need to get to make all these, I will need 14 sticks of butter, 5 pounds of sugar, 8 pounds of flour... the list goes on.

But I do it because I love baking.  And I love to see the looks on people's faces when they are enjoying the yummy treats I give them.  And then I also get my baking fix out of the way.... until 2 weeks after christmas when I have to make The Boy's birthday cake.

Today's Run

Today I ran the normal neighborhood route, down the Big Hill.  I've been trying to speed up my turnover, making my running more efficient and faster.  I don't know if it's truly working, but today I ran approximately 3.6 miles in 31:15, for an average pace of 8:39.  I corrected my stride to be more of a mid-foot strike rather than a heal strike; I'm pretty sure I can improve my turnover....

No comments:

Post a Comment