Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Singing in the rain

I wasn't going to post anything except for info on my run today, because I've had a pretty bad couple of days at work.  Today I had decided early on that I was going to go to the Wednesday night trail run, especially considering the rain was supposed to hold off and there was a slight chance this almost-friend was going to show up.  The almost-friend didn't show up and the rain started on the drive over.... but you know what?  I had a lot of fun.  I am not fast at all on the trails, but it doesn't matter because running with a group through the woods refreshes me.  At one point I couldn't see because my glasses were all fogged up and I missed the turn I was supposed to make, but I didn't freak out because running with a group through the woods revitalizes my soul.  I was completely soaked from head to foot when I was done, but it didn't matter because running through the woods with a group makes all the bad shit go away.

And I feel pretty hard core for getting out there and actually doing the run, in the down-pouring rain, and NOT falling.  Trail running has definitely helped me become lighter on my feet when running, which is pretty awesome.

And I am ready to go to work tomorrow, and have it be a good day.

Today's Run

Today I ran 6k on trails in the pouring rain (and had fun doing it) in 34:10, for an average pace of 9:29.  I am OK with not being that fast on trails because that means I'm not falling and hurting myself.  Unfortunately, the last weekday run is next week, and I feel I will miss them a little bit.  But there's always next spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment