Saturday, October 5, 2013

Everything is better when it's mini-sized

I have been obsessed with the idea of making mini cupcakes for a while now, ever since I found an article in some magazine about taking a vanilla or chocolate base batter and making a variety of mini cupcakes out of them.  Last weekend I finally caved in and bought a mini muffin tin, and today I made my first batch of mini cupcakes:

We're tiny and we look delicious!

These are peanut butter cup mini cupcakes.  They are a vanilla batter with chopped up peanuts and mini chocolate chips folded into the batter, topped with a peanut butter buttercream frosting and pieces of mini Reese's peanut butter cups.  I have not tried any of the finished product, as I despise peanut butter and chocolate together (separate they are delicious, but together it makes me want to gag - yes, I am that weird).  The Boy, however, will most likely love these as A) he LOVES mini cupcakes, and will eat them in one bite; and B) he LOVES peanut butter and chocolate together.  I said he could try one (or probably more since I spoil him so) after dinner.  Or maybe for a snack this afternoon if he takes a good long nap.

Anywho, there's nothing better than baking on a cold, miserable day.  And it is cold and miserable out - the wind is still so strong that it's making my house rattle, and it is raining on and off to add the the yuckiness.  So glad I decided to go for a run yesterday!

Tomorrow, forecasted to be another cold and miserable day, will be Sunday Muffins and crock pot chili - yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment