Monday, September 30, 2013

I hate it when my Tea Bag is right.

This morning, after I found the official race times from Saturday's race online, I was feeling pretty sorry for myself.  For some reason, averaging an 8:00 mile compared to a 7:58 mile made me feel like crap.  I needed to get some more caffeine before the morning's meetings, when my tea decided it needed to tell me something:
"Share your strengths, not your weaknesses"

Damn you, Tea Bag!  Of course, you're right, I need to focus on my accomplishments, not my perceived weaknesses.  It was just 4 seconds difference, and it didn't affect my overall finished placement.

So, yay me!  I got another medal, and it is awesome.    And no one can take that away from me.

Today's Run

Today we all headed down to Canal Park because The Boy wanted to throw rocks in the Big Lake.  Which was nice, because I got to switch it up and do my run on the Lakewalk.  Today I ran about 4 miles in 34:50, for an average pace of 8:38.  I have a feeling it's all downhill temperature-wise, as it was almost too warm for a nice run by the lake.  And I'm probably the only person around here that will say that, but I really do hate sweating.

No comments:

Post a Comment