Saturday, October 26, 2013

It wouldn't be called a "challenge" if it weren't difficult

On Thursday, my friend Roja and I decided to try out this group exercise class at the Y called "Core Challenge." I'm usually not a big group exercise kind of person, at least not historically, but this one sounded interesting.  And since I am trying to Do Something, going outside of my comfort zone and attending this class sounded like a good opportunity.  It didn't hurt that I had a partner in crime...

Holy cow, for a class that is listed as for Everyone/Advanced it was HARD!  I did not think I was that out of shape but there were times that I thought my muscles would give out and I'd collapse on the mat, looking like a fool and whimpering in pain.  But I made it through, and am only suffering a little bit today... I think before I try the class again I'm going to have to hit the weight machines in the wellness center a few times.  But when I wasn't dying from exertion it was pretty fun and, yes, challenging.

Today's Run

I decided to go for a run today, take it pretty easy, just to get my muscles moving and not so stiff.  For the most part it worked, except my right hamstring would not loosen up, which caused my right quad to start yelling at me.  By the end I was OK, so I'm just going to have to take it easy this afternoon.  Today I ran about 6.1 miles on the Lakewalk from the Y in about 56:45, for an average pace of 9:14.

No comments:

Post a Comment