Monday, October 14, 2013

It's fun to stay there, you know

Super long weekend, with over 8 hours driving and way too much family time.  Well, not too much I guess, but after a while I just wanted to get home.

When I signed up to do the full marathon, I realized that I would need to do more than just put in miles if I wanted it to be a successful race, one that I would look back upon with no regrets.  I fully realize that I rely way too much on my legs to propel me through my runs, and that I need to do some major work strengthening my core in order to take my running to the next level.  So today I went down to my local YMCA and got a family membership for me and The Boy.  There are a couple of classes I'm thinking of taking, and maybe just go and pump some iron on occasion.  But it feels good to be Doing Something and maybe I will find my running getting easier with the added strength.

Today's Run

After the weekend of eating way too much, and way too much bad stuff (over-processed restaurant food), I needed to get in a run today.  It was drizzly and cold, but I got in my neighborhood run going up the Big Hill.  Said Big Hill really kicked my ass today, though.  Today I ran about 3.5 miles in 32:00, for an average pace of 8:57.  But in the end it felt really good to get out there and pound the pavement.

No comments:

Post a Comment