Monday, October 21, 2013

I'm not ready yet.

Busy weekend again, but with less driving.  The Boo at the Zoo was a success, with The Boy coming away with a good haul.  And the costume was a hit too.  So win-win all around.

Yesterday I went to the Y to do my initial orientation with the Wellness Center.  It was pretty awesome.  I remembered a lot of how to do the individual strength exercises, and the person helping me is also a runner, so she gave me some good pointers on which areas to focus on, etc.  My going to the gym and Doing Something in regards to getting some strength back, and hopefully getting to be a better runner, is looking pretty good right now.

Also this weekend we carved the second, and final, jack o lantern.  It is a spooky spider.  I think it is pretty awesome.
I think he's ready to be smooshed

So I feel I'm 2 for 2 with awesome jack o lanterns.  They are both hanging out on my front porch right now.  Here's hoping some neighborhood brat doesn't come along and smash them...

Today's Run

There is one word to describe today's run: COLD.  With a temperature of 34F, and a windchill of 23, it was definitely the coldest run in quite a while. Since (pause while I check my log....) the beginning of May, I believe.  I haven't been as fastidious this year with tracking the temperatures as in previous years.  Today I ran the neighborhood route, up the Big Hill, for approximately 3.5 miles in 31:55, for an average pace of 8:56.  I'm not ready for winter yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment