Monday, October 7, 2013

The leaves they are a-changin'

I have a hard time deciding which season I like better - autumn or spring.  For the most part I like autumn better because it is the end of the sticky heat of the summer.  The spring is nice, too, because of everything starting to turn green from mucky browns and grays.  Either way, I am really happy to live somewhere that still has four distinct seasons, even if sometimes some of them are way too short.

I am also happy that I have a job that lets me get oot and aboot pretty often.  Here are some photos of where I ended up today:
 I like how the one really orangey-red tree is peaking out from behind the others

The St. Louis River - and some of the trees changing colors in the background

I hope the leaves aren't completely gone by the time The Boy and I can get out and explore, probably in a couple of weeks.  I'm amazed all the leaves aren't gone from the winds this past weekend...

Today's Run

Today I ran the neighborhood loop in reverse, going down the Big Hill to change things up a bit.  I was feeling pretty icky, so I kept the pace pretty easy.  Today I ran about 3.6 miles in about 32:35, for an average pace of 9:01.  Nothing else really to say. 

No comments:

Post a Comment