Wednesday, October 23, 2013

I'b fibe, thanks for asking

After over a month of keeping the plague at bay, I got sick with a nasty head cold this week, courtesy of The Boy.  If they weren't so damn cute...

Anyway, even though I've spent the last 36 hours or so blowing my nose pretty much constantly I've managed to still do the things I wanted to this week.  I finished up my orientation thingie at the Y on Tuesday night, and I'm pretty excited about their computerized make-a-workout program.  You click a few buttons, and a computer tells you what strengthening exercises you should do.  I've decided to start out with an endurance program, alternating the focus between the upper and lower body.  And I got my run in this afternoon before dinner, which was all I had planned for today.  Thank goodness for Cold-Eeze, vitamin C, and tons of water for being able to kick this thing in the butt.  So far at least...

Today's Run

Today I did the neighborhood run, down the Big Hill, in what I felt was a pretty easy pace, considering I'm possibly dying.  I ran about 3.6 miles in 32:10, or an average pace of 8:54.  Which is a faster average pace than Monday, but on Monday I ran UP the Big Hill, so that does make a difference.  And there is nothing worse than breathing in cold air through a nose that has been rubbed raw by constant kleenex use.  Or nothing worse right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment