Saturday, September 7, 2013

Best Laid Plans

At the beginning of the week, my plan was to go for a run on the newest section of the Lakewalk this afternoon while The Boy was checking out tractors with the dad and grandpa.  And then Wednesday happened.  Although I'm feeling much better today than Thursday or even yesterday, my left shoulder is still painful to move and the bruises are pretty impressive now.  I tried to get photographic evidence, but it's still lacking.  I'm definitely glad I was wearing a short sleeve shirt instead of a tank that day, because I don't even know how bad my shoulder would be if I'd gone against my gut and worn a tank.  Most likely doctor-visit territory for sure.
The bruising on my elbow is the most impressive, yet hardest to get with self-portrait.  Still ouch.  But check out the awesome stain job on my deck - pretty!
 
Needless to say no miles for me today.  Just some Food Network love and reading my On Wisconsin alumni magazine this afternoon (Go Badgers!).

So, yeah, not a good start to this journey to marathon process.  But at least it's a start.  There's always next week.

Hung out with a really good friend last night that I hadn't seen in way too long.  She is probably the kindest, funniest, most genuine person I have ever met and I am so happy to have her as a friend.  And she makes the best queso outside a Qdoba restaurant.  Anywho, she is extremely supportive of me and this journey, which makes me feel even better about my quest to Do Something and Make Mistakes.

Having good friends is probably the thing I am most thankful for in my life.  Besides having a healthy and happy The Boy, of course.

And that's all I have for this week.  I need to find a countdown timer widget thingie so I know exactly how long I have until the big day...

No comments:

Post a Comment