Monday, September 23, 2013

Maybe Buzz Buzzard got him

Out on the jobsite today, I found this:
Definitely won't be laughing anymore

Yes, that is a dead woodpecker on a pipe.  That pretty much sums up my day in a nutshell.  The thoughts that went through mind when I saw poor Woody:
  • Wow, how long has he been dead?
  • Who in the world would pick that up and put it on this pipe?
  • I have to get a picture of this to send to friend Profesora.
So I took the picture, and went on my merry way.  And promptly forgot about the picture until the afternoon when he came up on my work phone like the scary, half-decomposed thing that he is.

Today's Run

Around the neighborhood and up the Big Hill, but added a couple of blocks to get a little more distance.  I just have a cheapy knock-off Timex with a stop watch function, so I can only get total time and I can do "laps" (which I sometimes do if I go out and back to see if I negative split the halves), so when I saw my total time I was disappointed.  However, when I put my time of 31:40 (I always round to the nearest 5 seconds on my non-race runs) into my WalkJogRun route for today's run of approximately 3.5 miles, I got an average pace of 8:52, which was better than the last time I ran around the neighborhood for a shorter distance but still up the Big Hill.  I have to wonder how much slogging up the Big Hill slows down my average pace... I think I'd have to do some shenanigans to get the watch to help me figure that one out though.  Might be worth it though...

No comments:

Post a Comment