Saturday, September 21, 2013

Happy Autumnal Equinox! (A Day Early)

Tomorrow is officially the first day of Autumn, after which the days get shorter and the nights get longer.  It seems as I get older that the days and weeks and months get shorter and shorter; it feels like the snow finally all melted yesterday.  Granted, there was snow a lot later than "normal" this year, but still...  There is way too much to do before winter and the dreaded s-word arrives.  I just hope I can get it all in.

This week as far as Doing Something is concerned was a total bust.  I can't expect to go out there and do and try new things every week, but this week was especially bad.  Between the crummy weather and a multitude of crummy things happening to and around me this week, I should be happy that I didn't just say screw it and go hide in a hole somewhere until things got better.  But I know in my head the only way things will get better is if I go out and try to make them better, so no hiding for me.  It is tempting to go hide though.

I enjoy cooking and baking a lot, and like trying new recipes, and I am half-tempted to do a post for when I try something new and it turns out really tasty.  Like this next week, I am going to make a lamb curry for dinner on Friday (violin lessons = crock pot meals on Fridays due to no time to cook by the time we get home) and I wonder if it would be worthwhile to post about the results if said results are good.  Something to think about.... 

Today's Run

It was pretty chilly when I went for my run this morning.  So much so that I wore a long-sleeved shirt for the first time since probably May.  But at the end of my run, the sun came out and I got all sweaty, which made it all better.  I went back down to the Brighton Beach end of the Lakewalk, and did the 5 mile out and back again.  I ran 5 miles in 43:35, for an average pace of 8:39.  Today's run helped shake out some of the demons and was very much needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment