Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Dreary days.

Today was just a cold, foggy, dreary sort of day.  The kind you'd expect in a place like Seattle.  Where a mist just hangs in the air and makes everything... moist.  And then there were the mosquitoes...

I was thinking about trying another of the Wednesday night trail runs, but with my shoulder not 100% yet and the dampness of the day (which in my mind equals mud, which equals treacherous footing) I decided against it.  I know I'm trying to get over my fears, to Do Something and live more, but I also have to be realistic.  I probably did some major damage the last time I fell, as evidenced by not being wholly healed yet, and I don't think my body could handle another injury like that.  There's always next week.

In other news, I discovered the other day that one of the windows to my basement has been leaking, which has caused some water to pool on one side.  Luckily, none of The Boy's toys were damaged, and all I need to do is caulk around the window and replace some of those rubber floor tiles.  Still sucks, but it could have been a LOT worse.

Have I mentioned that owning a home is so much fun?

Today's Run

Today I just did the neighborhood circuit, again, up the Big Hill because I wasn't in the mood to slide down the Big Hill.  Last year, I would not have gone out at all if there was any sort of rain.  Now, I know I have to get at least 3 runs in a week right now to get my speed and strength back.  Nothing big, just consistent.  Today I ran 3.2 miles in 28:50, for an average pace of 8:57.  And it was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment