Monday, September 2, 2013

Happy Labor Day!

National holidays are one of those perks that you don't really think of when you start a new job.  And this one should be especially meaningful since I'm a union worker but, honestly, it's just another day that I don't have to work but I'm still getting paid.

Today, I got paid to do the following during my normal workday (7:30 AM - 4:00 PM):

  • Baked a Raspberry Pear Crumble pie, and made a second crust to make a second pie later in the week
  • Baked (with help from The Boy) brownies from scratch
  • Went for a run (details later in the post)
  • Went to the mall to check out violins for The Boy
  • Watched WAY too much HGTV
Overall, it was a successful day of "work."

Today's Run

As for my run, I just went around the neighborhood while The Boy was napping (yes, someone was there to "watch" him).  3.2 miles in 30:50, pace of 9:34.  Not even close to the speed I know I can get, but it was a good run for the first real one back after my summer hiatus.  This route is never going to be super fast because of this:
The good thing about living in Duluth is the Big Hill.  The bad thing about living in Duluth is the Big Hill.  I live on a hill on a hill (you have to see it to understand), and so on the last part of this route I go from about 626 feet of elevation to about 861.  The last part is the worst - you can't see where the road goes at one point.  So, yeah, not going to be a fast run, but it's sure a good workout for the glutes and hams :)

No comments:

Post a Comment