Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year (plus one)!

It's hard to believe that it's already a new year - it sounds cliche, but it feels like 2013 started just yesterday.  But I am very excited for the year to come... There will be a lot of firsts, and new adventures, and many, many exciting things happening this year....

As for New Year's resolutions, I am going to continue in my quest of Doing Something, to push myself out of my comfort zone and not be afraid of making mistakes.  I am also going to try to improve my financial standing.  I want to find areas where I can save, and areas where I can afford to spend more.  I want to continue putting away money in case of an emergency, and to increase the amount saved per paycheck by the end of the year.  I also want to save money for something fun, like a grand vacation adventure.

And then there's my running - I need to join the DRC spring running group and start the training runs, which start next week!  I need to continue improving, and having fun, and finish my first full marathon in June.

2014 is going to be an amazing year; I am definitely looking forward to the days, weeks, and months ahead.

Today's Run

Today I ran on the dreadmill at the Y (surprise!) because it was just too cold to run outside.  Today I ran 2.96 miles in 25:00, for an average pace of 8:26.  If I have to run the dreadmill next week again because of the weather, I think I'm going to try to do 3.0 miles in 25:00, which should be doable since I've run a 5k in less than that.  But there is a big difference between running a race and trudging it out on a dreadmill...

No comments:

Post a Comment