Saturday, January 4, 2014

Warning: Contains gross content

I would like to preface this blog post with a fact: I have a sensitive digestive system.  Not like IBS or Crohn's disease or anything like that.  But if I eat something that doesn't agree with me, the results can be disastrous.

So on New Year's Eve, or actually very early on New Year's Day, after the BF and I were done at the wedding reception he was DJing, we were both very starving.  Options being limited as they were in St. Cloud, Barbado decided that he wanted some White Castle before heading over to the hotel.  I had never had White Castle, and he thoroughly enjoys eating it, so I figured what would be the harm?

First impression: Not visually appealing. At all. Kinda sad really.
Second impression: The flavor of the sliders, to put it bluntly, was just gross.  The fries were alright.
Third impression: A little bit of heartburn when I was done eating, but at least I wasn't hungry anymore.

The rest of the week was spent with a low level of nausea permeating my being.  I would go from being ok to feeling like I was going to lose my cookies in an instant.  I thought maybe I was getting sick.  And then today...

Today I went to the Y to do my long run on the dreadmill, since it was darn cold outside again.  About 40 minutes in my stomach made the most disgusting noise I have ever heard, so loud that I heard it over my music in my headphones.  I almost doubled over in pain, which is so not good when on something that has a moving belt.  I gave up the ghost of trying to get an hour in, and made my way as quickly as possible to the locker room.  Where I completely destroyed the toilet.  Two flushes didn't cut it, but it was pretty useless to try to continue flushing because it wouldn't have done anything.  But, man, did I feel so much better.

The moral of the story: I will never, EVER eat at White Castle again.  Three days of nausea and disgusting poop is not something I want to voluntarily do again.

Today's Run

Today I had a shortened long run on the dreadmill of 5.18 miles in 45:00 minutes, for an average pace of 8:41.  I am just grateful I didn't poop myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment