Monday, December 30, 2013

Last run of 2013

It's rather sad to think that today was my last run of 2013.  On a treadmill.  When outside it was about -12 F.

Things I am grateful for this year, running-wise:
  • Not getting injured.  Huzzah!
  • Winning my first race - my first ever 10k.  I absolutely loved running a 10k, and winning it was just so sweet.  Definitely top 5 highest moment in my life.
  • PR my half marathon by over 12 minutes.  Even though mentally I gave up and physically did not give it my all.
  • Meeting some great people with the Duluth Running Company marathon/half marathon training group.  Jazz hands!
  • Finally biting the bullet and deciding to run my first full marathon in 2014.
Here's hoping 2014 will be even better, both in my running and everything else.

Today's Run

Today I ran 2.94 miles in 25:00 on the treadmill at the Y, for an average pace of 8:30.  In 2013 I ran 112 times, including 5 races, for a total of 552 miles.  I ran, time-wise, a total of over 81 hours and 14 minutes, over 3 DAYS on my feet.  Those numbers just boggle my mind.  And I am so proud of myself.

1 comment: