Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Just don't try to douse me in patchouli

My work is pretty awesome.  And I just found out another reason why this week...

It appears that my workplace is trying to encourage its employees to keep food waste out of the landfills, which is a huge problem in this country, and is offering free compost bags and a free place to drop off food waste at the workplace.  I have toyed with the idea of starting my own compost pile in order to reduce the amount of food waste I put in my trash, but I have never done it.  Mainly because when the time came to order the reduced price compost bins locally, I just didn't have the money to spare.  Then there is the fact that with home composting you're not supposed to add meat, bones, fat, etc. to the compost pile. But since the composting at work is industrial composting, I can put anything compostable in the bag and bring it in.

This makes me extremely happy.  It appeases the bleeding-heart liberal part of me that wants to reduce waste and make the world better and help people and whatnot.

Just don't call me a hippie.  I'd have to punch you for that.

Today's Run

Today was my first weekday group run.  And it was dark.  And cold.  And super-duper slippery.  My calves are killing me.  Unfortunately it's not going to warm up before Thursday, so I'm afraid the next run will be more of the same.  Today's run was a 30 minute run, and I ran 3.13 miles in 30:02, for an average pace of 9:36.

No comments:

Post a Comment