Thursday, January 16, 2014

So, so lucky

Last night, as I was driving home from getting The Boy from daycare, I ran over a spike, or a bolt, or something equally obnoxious. First thought: who in the world puts something like that in the road? Second thought: I need to get home before my tire goes flat. I stopped thinking at that point and just drove.

After I got home the anxiety hit: how was I going to get the tire fixed since it was late and the stores were going to close soon? How was I going to get to the dentist in the morning? WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?!?!?!

And then the BF Barbado arrived. He offered to pick up me and The Boy in the morning, drop The Boy off at daycare, take me to the dentist, wait for me to be done, take me to work, and then take care of my tire while I'm at work. And I didn't even ask.

I didn't know what to think. No one has ever offered to help me like that before. I normally have to beg for help, and then it's usually only given grudgingly.

I am seriously the luckiest girl. And he is truly amazing.

Today's Run

Today was a group run, out on the Lakewalk. It wasn't as slippery out, but it was much, much colder. And windier. And snowing. Today I ran 20 excruciating minutes, 2.18 miles, for an average pace of 9:11.

No comments:

Post a Comment