Wednesday, January 8, 2014

I am Running's b*$@h

On Sunday, I signed up for DRC's spring marathon training group.  And to get information on the group runs, events, etc., a person needed to join a private Facebook group.

Sigh.  Facebook.  That evil social media empire that I have had a personal boycott against since Day 1.  That time suck that so many people spend more time digitally interacting with others through instead of face-to-face interactions.

So what did I do?  You guessed it - I joined Facebook.  Because I am Running's b*$@h.  I will do anything for her.  I sacrifice my time and my body for Running.  And I have even compromised my, albeit irrational and self-serving, personal boycott of what is essentially a computer program.

But I still feel dirty.

Oh well.  I have officially joined the year 2004.

Today's Run

One of the supervisors at my old workplace is finally retiring, after over 42 years at the same employer, and so in his honor they held the first ever Run 'Em Out 10k.  So, of course, I had to participate.  My little munchkin friend and I ran together, for the most part.  She had hurt her knee earlier in the week and so we did a bit of walking in between.  But we finished, and it was the first time she had ever run/walked 10k, and I am so proud of her.

Today I completed 6.2 miles with my good friend Munchkin in approximately 1:10:00, for an average pace of 11:17.  But it wasn't about the time, it was about having fun and finishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment