Thursday, December 26, 2013

AND it's over

What was only planned to be a week hiatus has turned into a week and a half-ish.  Time flies when you're super busy traveling, and meeting people, and working, and celebrating Christmas multiple times...

But Christmas is over.  The tree got taken down tonight, along with the rest of the decorations. The presents are put away, or mostly put away.  Now it's time to get ready for The Boy's birthday.  Ugh.

So many things happened since my last blog post, but I'll just give a report of my Top 3 Christmas Presents.  The rest can be reported later, when I am able to give the topics my full attention.

In reverse order, the top presents this Christmas are:
3. A new running tech shirt.  It is super nice, with the thumb holes and everything.  I'm excited for it to be warm enough that I can run outside and wear it.  Maybe Saturday...
2. A homemade plaque thing that my friend Pequena made to show off all my race bibs.  It's pretty nice, and thoughtful, and I've even hung it up (which for people that know me is a pretty big deal):

"Most people run a race to see who is fastest. I run a race to see who has the most guts." -Steve Prefontaine

1. A Roku streaming video gadget thingie, from the BF Barbado.  I am looking to cut the cable cord, and this will allow me to do so.  I was even able to watch an original Transformers cartoon with The Boy tonight before bedtime, which is awesome.  This thing will get tons of use, and was an extremely thoughtful present.

Overall, this was a great Christmas.  Probably the best one ever for me, for reasons to be discussed at a future date.  Oh, and Christmas Day Chinese dinner was awesome too.

Today's Run

Finally got a run in today, at the Y on a dreadmill because it was too cold and slushy outside.  I ran 2.9 miles in 25:00, for an average pace of 8:37.  The weather says it's supposed to be almost balmy out on Saturday, with a high temperature of 25 F, so I'm hoping to be able to get in a longish run outside in the morning.  Fingers crossed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment