Monday, December 9, 2013

I am a meat popsicle

Another freezing cold day - didn't get above 0 F again, and it's not supposed to warm up at all until the end of the week, if then.  One of the first things a person learns when moving to the Great White North is to not trust the weather forecast, even for that day...

I spent most of Sunday afternoon trying to buy a snowblower, for my back and sanity's sake, but not surprisingly the stock in the local stores was pretty depleted.  I have decided which make and model I want to get; now I just have to harass the wonderful workers at the local Home Depot until they get one in stock.

All was not lost, however - while shopping at the mall I discovered that a Chocolate Shoppe Ice Cream store opened in the food court!  There are times when I miss Madison a lot, and one of those times is when I want some really good food.  Chocolate Shoppe is based in Madison, and the ice cream is SO GOOD.  It appears I'll be going to the mall more often now.

Today's Run

Today I went to the Y on my lunch to hit up the dreadmill, since I wasn't in the mood to freeze more than I already had this morning.  To my delight I made it to the Y, got in a 25 minute run, and got back to work in about an hour.  Once the interstate is open again I may even be able to get in 30 minutes!  Today I ran 2.85 miles in 25:00, for an average pace of 8:46.  I am feeling more confident with running on a treadmill, but I'm still not ready to really push myself quite yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment