Monday, December 2, 2013

AND it's winter.

Today started the first big snowfall, one that is supposed to last three days.  Followed by bitter cold (highs below zero - yikes!).  I spent a lot of time running through snow last winter/earlier this year, so running in the snow doesn't bother me too much.  It's like running in sand - except cold and wet.  I have a feeling my calves will be sore tomorrow though.

In a rare twist, I was the recipient of some neighborly kindness tonight.  I went out after dinner to begin the epic process of shoveling my driveway and sidewalk, when a man pulled up on a four wheeler with a blade attached and asked if he could plow out my driveway for me.  Of course I said yes!  I didn't get his name or where he lived though, so hopefully I'll see him again so I can thank him with cookies or something.  But this is the bigger question - where was he last winter?!?!

And on the countdown front, it's 200 days until Grandma's.  I think I will be ready.

Today's Run

Today I ran in my neighborhood, starting at Barbado's house, for 3.35 miles in 30:01, for an average pace of 8:58.  I still went up the Big Hill, which was especially treacherous since it wasn't plowed yet, and my pace showed it - I was down to over 14:00 min/miles at one point.  And I only twisted my ankle once, tripping over a catch basin casting that was really sunk down.  I just hope I'll be able to go out for a run on Wednesday...

No comments:

Post a Comment