Thursday, February 6, 2014

Too many time sinks

One of the blessings, and curse if you get right down to it, to being in a relationship with a techy-type person is being exposed to new and shiny techy-type things.  Like my newest obsession: reddit.

Early for running group?  Reddit. Waiting for a cake to bake? Reddit. Not in the mood to work? Reddit.

And it's not like I'm even contributing.  I'm just a lurker.  I like reading the interesting articles that other people link to. I even like some of the silly memes.  But there are times where I think to myself, "Self, shouldn't you be doing something else?  Like, anything else?"  To which I promptly open the available internets browser and read a few more articles.

I'm doomed.

Today's Run

I met early with the treasurer of the investment club of which I am a member to go over the year-end financials, to make sure everything added up, so I didn't make it to running group tonight.  Instead, I hit up the dreadmill at the Y, which wasn't too awful, just a bit hot.  Those fitness centers really do like cranking the heat on cold days, don't they?  Tonight's group run would have been more intervals, which I didn't really want to do on a dreadmill in fear of tripping and falling with the tempo changes, so I did the easier workout of 25 minutes.  So today I ran 3.04 miles in 25 minutes, for an average pace of 8:13.  And I'm actually kinda looking forward to Saturday's long group run, which will be an hour long!

No comments:

Post a Comment