Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Making goals

Being over two months into the new year seems like an odd time to want to make goals for myself, given that most people make goals as part of their New Year's Resolutions.  But as part of my quest of Doing Something, and because of a book Barbado and I are almost finished reading called "The Good Life Rules," I have been trying to make some tangible goals for myself.  So far I have:
1. Be a good partner (fiancee now, wife in the future).
2. Be a good mother
3. Go to the gym at least 12 times a month
4. Run my first full marathon
      4a. Try to finish my first full marathon in a Boston-qualifying time (sub 3:40)
5. Put at least 10% of each paycheck into a savings account by the end of the year (I'm at 5% now).

That's all I've got so far.  Five goals just doesn't seem like enough.  But I'm at a loss for what I add to the list.

This is where you, the person reading this, comes in.  What do you think I should add to my list of goals?  It doesn't have to be a short-term goal - being a good partner and mother is something that is a goal that is constantly worked on.  But then again being able to scratch a goal off the list is definitely a great reward.

So, comments are definitely welcome on this post!

Today's Run

Tonight's run was definitely on the colder side - the wind on the way back was brutal once again.  But today I ran 3.92 miles in 35:00 for an average pace of 8:55 - the first time in almost a month that I've run a sub-9:00 pace outside.  The footing was much better tonight for the most part.  I am definitely looking forward to clear pavement and really being able to kick it in high gear!

1 comment:

  1. Here a goal suggestion: To have one night per month as "Erin night". That means a night to do what you want either alone or with friends...OR as a family... whatever YOU decide :-)

    ReplyDelete