Saturday, February 15, 2014

Interesting days? Not really.

I feel a sense of pressure to make my blog posts entertaining, now that I am actively putting it out there instead of just letting it live on the internets in relative obscurity.  And, honestly, not much has happened in the last couple of days that is particularly interesting or exciting to write about.

My Valentine's Day? Shopping trip to Target, and hanging around the house, as Barbado was working and all of my local friends are in relationships.  And as was discussed on our run this morning, "shopping at Target" is an interesting euphemism for having sex - "yeah, I just went shopping at Target last night, hit that Bullseye."  It kinda works, I guess.

The things we talk about while on a long run.

Maybe I'll make a blog post of some of what is discussed on long runs on Saturday mornings.

Today's Run

This morning, I was so hopeful that the start of the run the temperature would be above 0F, as that's what the weather forecaster people had said it would be last night.  Alas, when I checked the temperature at 7:30 AM it was -2F, so no go there.  There was no wind, and so it was actually not that bad.  To make things more interesting, there was a fun run this morning too on the Lakewalk for the Polar Bear Plunge.   Today I ran 6.99 miles in 65 minutes, for an average pace of 9:17.  And then I went home and promptly took a nap.


No comments:

Post a Comment