Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Small things

I have been spending a lot of time the last few days thinking about three words. Three simple words that, in reality, should not be so powerful. Three simple words, when taken in the concept of a marriage, or in any relationship, carry all the power in the world.

Trust.

Faith.

Hope.

I will be the first person to admit that it takes a lot for me to trust someone. There have been many times when I have placed my trust in someone only to get burned, or hurt, or have my heart broken almost beyond repair. To open my heart again to trust Aaron was both the hardest and easiest thing I have ever done. Hardest from those seeds of doubt that come from being hurt before and not wanting to be hurt again. Easiest in that he has earned my trust with his words and his deeds, with the love we have for each other.

Which leads to the next word: faith. To have faith in another person is to blindly believe in their goodness, their humanity. Faith that he will do the right thing in that moment, for both people as individuals and as a couple. Faith in the fact that it will all turn out OK in the end. Having faith in a person is much more difficult for me, much more so than being able to trust. Faith is unquestioning, when I always have questions. This is the word I have been thinking about the most; I don't know if I have truly had faith in Aaron all along, but spending a long time thinking and soul searching over the past few days I have come to the conclusion that, yes, I do have faith in him. It is a weight lifted off my shoulders to fully realize I have faith in him.

And with this faith, I now have hope. Hope that we will have an amazing life together. Hope that our whole family will be happy and healthy. Hope that, no matter what is thrown our way, we will persevere and be stronger on the end.

Three small words. But with a huge impact on my life.

Today's Run

Another cold, windy run. It's almost April, so hopefully things will turn around soon... Today's workout was another speed one, 25 minutes brisk, 10 jog, and finish with 25 brisk. The run back was HARD, straight into a freezing wind.  But overall it was a pretty good run.  Today I ran 6.92 miles in 60 minutes, for an average pace of 8:40.  Conveniently my goal race pace :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment