Thursday, March 13, 2014

Optimism!

You will never guess what I saw today....

Look very closely...
 
Do you see it? That green stuff? On the ground?
 
That's right - it's grass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Ok, granted this was growing right next to a pipe that's been carrying 120F+ wastewater all winter.  But it counts, right?
 
I am taking this as a sign that spring is finally here!  If only in limited places.
 

Today's Run

Today's workout was 15 minutes jog, 30 minutes brisk, and we only ended up doing a 5 minute cool down (was supposed to be 10).  But running friend Ben and I totally rocked the brisk running with an 8:20 pace for the first full mile and an 8:10 pace for the second full mile that we decided we could cut it short.  That, and I miscalculated where we should turn around and ended up back 5 minutes early.  But it was an awesome run.  Today I ran 5.63 miles in 50:00, for an average pace of 8:53. 

No comments:

Post a Comment