Friday, March 7, 2014

Dear, sweet chaos...

Looking back, having one kid is easy. It's more than easy, it's practically heaven... Compared to having three monsters that want to eat your soul.

I will admit, I'm probably exaggerating a little bit. But not really. I was told by a very wise man that having three kids is like having the makings for fire - one is the fuel, one is oxygen, and the third is the ignition.

Very wise indeed.

I think my biggest hurdle with this new dynamic is that it's instantaneous big kids. There's no getting used to the new dynamic with a tiny baby, having a couple of years to gain coping mechanisms for dealing with the beasts.

But then again there's no late night feedings or excessive poopy diapers. At least I have that going for me.

Thank the heavens for running and running group. I think that is the main thing keeping me sane. That, and Barbado's support, because this is old hat for him.

The poor bastard. :-)

Yesterday's Run

Yesterday was another interval training run - 10 minutes jogging, 1 mile brisk run, 3 minutes jog, 2 mile run, 5 minute jog, 1 mile run, then cool down jog to the beginning.  Unlike Tuesday's run, yesterday's run was AWESOME!  I felt good during the run, and even after.  And even though there was a lot more jogging with this workout, my running partner Ben and I went slightly farther in about the same, time, which is just, you guessed it, awesome.  Yesterday I ran 6.56 miles in 61:00, for an average pace of 9:17.  And now for tomorrow's long run...

No comments:

Post a Comment