Saturday, April 19, 2014

The worst thing

I honestly think there is nothing worse than stepping on a clear lego when thinking you've successfully navigated your way through the minefield that was once your living room. I love the idea of legos, and the skills they reinforce and grow, but in reality they are pretty much awful.

My poor dogs are not happy today.

It has been a crazy week, and a crazy month, and it is officially less than a month and a half until the Big Day. I am trying not to stress too much, and mostly succeeding. Big things to figure out - hair and other girlie stuff, outfits for the boys (the little ones, not the big one - his is all figured out), finalizing dinner details, other little things. And oh yeah, figuring out who will be officiating the whole thing. That has turned out to be a big mess, and hopefully will be finalized soon.

But at least my running has been pretty awesome. Speaking of which....

Tuesday's Run

There was no scheduled run on Tuesday with the group because there was a group dinner that night. Running buddies Cassie, Mae and I decided to get together before the dinner to whip out a workout. We did sub GP fartleks - 1 min fast, 1 min slow, 2 min fast, 2 min slow, 3 min fast, 3 min slow, 4 min fast, 4 min slow, repeated one more time. And the fast parts were super fast - fastest was about 6:44 and slowest was still 7:40 - way faster than the pie-in-the-sky goal pace of 8:40. Tuesday I ran 4.74 miles in 40:12, for an average pace of 8:28.

Thursday's Run

Thursday was back to normal for the group run. This one was tempo work - 1 mile GP, 2 min jog, 2 mile GP, 5 min jog, repeat on the way back. This run was super hard for me; it had snowed the day before and there was a ton of slush on the ground, and I got very little sleep the night before. Every step was a struggle, but I finished. And my GP miles were pretty much right on - between 8:20 and 8:40. So even though I was just not feeling it, I rocked the workout. Thursday I ran 7.31 miles in 1:03:26, for an average pace of 8:40.

Today's Run

Another long Saturday run, another round of craptastic weather. 34 degrees, rain. I was soaked through and pretty miserable early on. The way out had a hard head wind, which made it even better. But I made it through, even though the last mile was all me mentally willing my legs to keep moving. And another PR - today I ran 17 miles in 2:33:05, for an average pace of 8:58. Cassie thinks we should adjust our goal pace faster. I think she may be smoking crack. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment