Wednesday, April 9, 2014

More tea bag wisdom and awesomeness

So, it's been a while since I got a different tidbit of wisdom from my tea bag, so when I got this today I decided I needed to share:

Love has no fear and no vengeance.

I also want to show off my favorite button, which is proudly displayed behind my mug: I do, in fact, eat, drink and sleep awesome. Especially after yesterday's run....

Yesterday's Run

So, the thing I really want to write about today is yesterday's run. Normally, I try not to go on about my runs because, well, most people find it boring. But yesterday... Yesterday was pretty amazing. Even though I felt like a pile of garbage (woke up with major sinus/sore throat/earache nastiness that took tons of advil to make me feel even remotely close to normal). The workout was 15 minutes brisk and 5 minutes jogging repeated three times. The furthest I've gone so far this year in 60 minutes was just under 7 miles and so I proposed to my running friends that we try to get farther than 7 miles on that workout. We were just flying on the brisk parts of the workout - one mile split was 7:50, another 7:52... And it felt GOOD. It was definitely a hard workout, but everything just clicked and it was awesome. It's days like yesterday that reaffirm my passion for this crazy sport and helps me believe that I can run 26.2 miles, that I can finish in my pie-in-the-sky time of 3:40:00, that I am amazing. Yesterday I ran 7.16 miles in 60 minutes, for an average pace of 8:23. Hell. Yes. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment