Thursday, April 3, 2014

I got nothing

Between life, and work, and sinuses, this has been one heck of a week. Needless to say, I don't really have much to put down in writing. Amended: I don't have much I WANT to put down in writing. I guess there's a big difference.

Except this darn snow needs to just go away. Seriously.

This Week (so far) in Running

So, on Sunday this week I redid my strength tests at the Y for the ActivTrax program. I probably should have done them a month or so ago, but, you know, busy. I was pretty impressed with how much I've improved since last October - not just strength-wise but also the decrease in percent body fat and increase in muscle mass. Anyway, after that I hit up the dreadmill for an easy 30 minute run. At my 9:40 easy pace that was 3.1 miles. And it wasn't so bad.

On Tuesday I was just in a really bad place emotionally, and I had to force myself to go to running group. I'm glad I did, but it was definitely not my best performance. The workout was supposed to be 2 miles at goal race pace, 3 minutes jogging repeated 3 times. After the snow on Tuesday morning and my overall fatigue I ended up only doing two reps. Oh, and I forgot my watch at home, so this is just an estimate. I ended up doing about 4.5 miles in 39 minutes, for an average pace of 8:40. Which is my goal race pace, so I did my faster runs a bit too fast. One of these days I'll get my pacing down pat...

And now, today. Today is Thursday, and I should be out at running group. But there's (supposedly) going to be a monster snow storm tonight into tomorrow. And my sinuses have been absolutely horrible pretty much all day today.  I know these are just excuses, but I really couldn't justify going out for what would probably be a short-ish run today. So, another week with only 3 runs. Assuming I get out on Saturday.

I still have some time... I think....

No comments:

Post a Comment